Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Cats beat Tennessee at Rupp




I was at Rupp for the game against Tennessee this Saturday. What a fun game! It was great seeing the Cats play that way. They were moving the ball, scoring points, and playing some defense!
I felt bad for the other teams coach though. I don't even know of a store that would sell an orange jacket like that. Maybe there is a special clown store where you can buy one, I don't know. I would hope that even if a store stocked a jacket like that, they would try to talk the potential buyer out of getting it. I would hope that salesperson at the clown shop would say, "come on Bruce, all of the other coaches will make fun of you if you wear that jacket."
It was pretty cool of the guy to take responsibility after the game. He bashed his team and himself for the loss.
That team looked tough. Watching them warm up before the game, I felt a little scared. Luckily, UK has found its rhythm here at the end of the season.
I headed downtown early for this game. I had some reading to catch up on, and I thought I could hang out in the mall before the game and read. I did get several hours of reading in. The mall, and the entire area around Rupp really starts hopping a few hours before the games. There are people wearing blue everywhere.
I can't say enough about the Rupp security, and the traffic cops around the arena. 24,000 people in a downtown stadium, and things move pretty smoothly. If you have been to similar events in other major cities, and event like this can be total chaos.


With the walk ways going from Rupp, the connecting hotels, and the Victorian Square area, you can really access a lot downtown without having to deal with some of the bitter cold weather.

No comments: