Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Bardstown Rd. Louisville

My friend Heather showed me around Bardstown Rd. this weekend. I have been in the area a few times since coming back to Kentucky, but I haven't had the time to really explore it.

I spent a little bit of time there with my cousin a long time ago. In fact, it was the last time the Grateful Dead were in town. I know we had a lot of fun driving up and down the road then. It seemed just as exciting this weekend as it did back in 92 or 93, or whenever that was.

Our 1st stop was Heine Bros Coffee, which is quickly becoming a place in Louisville that I must hit when I am in town. We stopped at the Heine Bros. connected to Carmichael's book store. What a cool location, and for such a small 2 business set up, this place really packs a punch. For such a small book store, they get a lot in. They had a great magazine section, an above average local interest section, and a bunch of postcards I haven't seen anywhere before. What a cool place to spend a morning!

We stopped by Ear X-Tacy which was a lot of fun. This is the record store that most other record stores wish they could be. Lots of records, books, novelties, etc. They have bands playing there all the time too. This has to be a great hang out for locals. It looks like they are pulling in very interesting national and local acts pretty weekly. I hope the music lovers in the area realize how great a resource this place is for Louisville.
We had lunch at Ramsi's Cafe on the World. A buddy in the building where I work suggested this place. When I mentioned it to Heather, she said that was a favorite of hers. We had their Chipotle Con Queso for an appetizer. This was a melted cheese dip with spinach and peppers, with tortilla chips. I love this sort of thing. Ramsi's may have perfected it.
I had their Cubean Burrito. This burrito was good, and big. It was good for lunch. It was also good when I warmed up the half I didn't eat at Ramsi's later that night, and finished it at home. I can't wait to get to Ramsi's again. They had all sorts of other ethnic type entrees. I think just about anyone would love this place.
There's a lot going on on Bardstown Road. There are several Heine Bros coffees. There is still a lot more going on that I need to check out. With the few hours I was able to spend there the other day, I know that its a great area for live music, finding obscure CDs and novelties, book, and for eating some great unique food.

No comments: