Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baseball

Not a lot going on at the moment. I am edgy at the moment waiting for baseball season to start. I have my other blog about baseball in and around Kentucky, but I am so anxious! In fact, I am planning some small road trips through Kentucky and THREE neighboring states (possibly 4) within the next couple of months.
I think it is so exciting that so many smaller cities have brought independent pro teams in. Kentucky has 2 pro basketball teams at the moment and 4 pro baseball teams. When I was a kid in Owensboro, I was pretty excited about getting to see pro-wrestling at the Sports Center! I am a bit embarrassed about that now.
3 of the 4 pro baseball teams are within about a 1 hour drive of my area. The Legends are very close.
Going to a Legends game has almost a party atmosphere at times. You can get a lawn ticket for $4! Thats pretty much free. They do charge for parking, but there is usually street parking available close enough.
A Louisville Bats game is similar to seeing a game in the majors. At the AAA level many of the guys you see playing have some Major League experience anyway.
The Florence Freedom, near Cincinnati, are a great, economical alternative to seeing the pricier Reds up the road. I love the Reds, but the Freedom is my team. Tickets are $6-$10, and there is not a bad seat around. Florence is a fun area to hang out in too. I love this area, and I love this non-affiliated team. Their web site is super cool too.
The Bowling Green Hot Rods start play this season. I really wish this team went with the Cave Shrimp theme (they are an affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays- Cave Shrimp would have been appropriate for the franchise, and for the area). I am excited about this team too.

2 comments:

Boone Jedi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boone Jedi said...

It really is a great place to catch a game whether you live right here in Northern Kentucky or are visiting the area! Plenty of fun stuff for the kids to do and lots of fun promotions especially on the weekends. Definitely a "must visit" for any baseball fan.