Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Montgomery Inn, OH

I am pretty much on the edge of my seat waiting for baseball season to start up. I am getting out, but not as much as I would like. I have been trying to get out towards Western Kentucky for several weekends now, but things keep coming up.
I did make another trip to Cincinnati, a pretty regular trip for me these days.
My friends Nate and Holly took us to the original Montgomery Inn.
I am sure anyone from the area knows all about their ribs. It was a bit funny though. I didn't know what to expect. Our friends thought we really needed to go here. I walked in, and just figured it was a nice, classy restaurant. OK, a classy restaurant that serves ribs. Our very professional waiter asked if we would need bibs. I thought this was a bit strange.
Anyway, everything was good. People in southern Ohio know their ribs and everything else is good. I was a bit hypnotised with all of the sports stuff. I love looking at signed jerseys, baseballs, and bronze statues. There was just no way to take it all in. The Montgomery Inn made me think of a less chaotic version of a Hard Rock Cafe, but for the sports lover instead of rock lover.
It also looks like everyone has been here. Presidents, ball players, rock stars, etc.
After our wives dragged Nate and I out with our heads still twisting around for one last peak, we walked around this neighborhood. Nate and Holly are very familiar with the area.
There is an exclusive baseball museum/social club next door. the place looks great, but it is very private.
This is a cool little area though. I am excited about getting back here for more Ribs and baseball relic looking.

No comments: