Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Frankfort Kentucky- Poor Richard's Books & Kentucky Coffee Tree Cafe

I thought I should put up a note about Poor Richard's Books, and Kentucky Coffee Tree Cafe in Frankfort. The two stores are physically connected, which is perfect.

Poor Richard's is the last of a dying breed of book store styles. It is nice, calm cozy and just a great place to browse for books. I noticed a great section of local interest books.

They have a great upstairs attic section, packed with cases full of old books.

The staff is very casual. Signs do direct you upstairs, but you feel a bit intrusive. No staff followed us up there, and there are comfy chairs in front a huge window with a great view of part of the town. The upstairs section does feel like an old attic. It is the perfect setting for searching out old books.

The coffee shop right next door (you don't even have to walk outside to get to it) was perfect. Stocked with more books, and a stage area for concerts, it had a cool vibe.

Plus, I had the regular coffee, and it was perfect. You know how sometimes coffee just isn't right? I did not have a problem here. I had several cups too (I got a bottomless cup) and every cup was perfect. It was fresh and made correctly. If you drink a lot of coffee, you know what I am talking about.

Frankfort is a great, and justifiable day trip from almost anywhere in the state. In fact, I am kind of looking forward to my next Saturday that I can spend in Frankfort. If you like looking for books and drinking coffee, you could spend a great relaxing day at these two shops.

http://www.kentuckycoffeetree.com/

http://poorrichards.booksense.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp

1 comment:

school lockers said...

I remember this place! It was so cozy and I like the concept of the whole cafe!