Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Creme Coffee House Owensboro Kentucky




I have mentioned it before, but "The Creme" in Owensboro deserves more mention. It sets on the next block over from the museum, near the bridge and downtown.

The guys that have caringly put this relaxing hang out in downtown have done a service to the community. In my books it has done a lot for downtown.

They set up their shop in an old downntown building (when I have been there, they have had a photo album setting out showing the work and progress on putting the place together). The brick walls, the appropriate but not overwhelming art work, and the attractive bar area make this place perfect.

I have had some great coffee and cake here too.

I have found myself here on Friday and Saturday evenings, usually when I pop in town on a day or weekend trip, and I always leave happy. The atmosphere is calm, even if there is a bit of a crowd. They have that nice back patio area too. I am not going to put a picture up of that area, you have to see it.
Downtown Owensboro still looks good and has a lot of potential. I like walking around the area just to take in the history, and the dated buildings. The light and colors of this coffee shop really stand out. I hope the area gets some more businesses in, but this little coffee house alone is enough to get me to come downtown.
Check out my picture of The Creme.

No comments: