Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Random Thoughts On Friday

I am sure every knows about the bear attack in the Red River Gorge. I have heard the guy is OK, and I am glad to hear that!
I remember seeing pictures of a bear in the Natural Bridge area I think from 2002. The photos were at the sky lift gift shop.
This morning, I heard that they think the bear has moved along to a different area.

I have been a fan of the show "Last Comic Standing" since it's first season. I enjoy catching comedians whenever I can. I have honestly seen hundreds of them live.
I am not easily offended. I am not very PC, and I am OK with almost any joke. You can make a hillbilly joke around me, that's OK.
For the first time in my life, I may have heard a comedian that touched on a subject that got to me in a negative way. On the show, a comedian referenced a very tragic event that happened in Louisville in 2007 to a young girl.
The audience laughed and the judges seemed OK with his performance. The show could have edited the joke from the show.
I am hoping that the producers of the show did not realize the comedian was referring to a real event.

On a positive note.... I think most of us have a nice long weekend planned. Go out and see a ball game or walk around a park!

No comments: