Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kansas City Kansas








Kansas City Kansas was a great little area too! We checked out their Independent pro baseball team, the Kansas City T-Bones. They have a great all grass field. I love watching independent minor league teams, and this was my first chance to see a team in this league.

Their park is part of a larger development area called Village West. The area reminds me a lot of Easton in Columbus, but this is bigger.

The Legends at Village West is a massive lifestyle center. There is a dinosaur themed restaurant that I did not have time to check out, but I was amazed at the decorations outside of it. The Legends might have perfected the whole mall/lifestyle center/theme park hybrid. I hope to have some more time to spend here at some point.

We had BBQ at a nice place called Arthur Bryant's. Good BBQ is bad for me. I like it so much that I can keep eating it even when I know I have reached my limit. I experienced that here.

I must stand by my regional loyalties though. I'll take my Owensboro BBQ over any other, but then again, that is what I was raised on. The food here is a bit different and I did enjoy trying a different regional variety. They had several different sauces, and I liked them all. We had a very generous portion for not a lot of money.

Both Kansas City areas are fun, and they are very unappreciated tourists spots. People were friendly and there was a lot to do, not to mention there is some great food!

No comments: