Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Clark Hunt- Chairman and CEO - Kansas City Chiefs


There are many areas that I absolutely love. Two of my favorites are Columbus Ohio and Kansas City Missouri.

I have spent a lot of time in Columbus. I have sung the praises of that town many times on this blog.

I visited KC this past year for the first time and immediately felt that the area was very under appreciated.

I sent a note to someone recently who has a strong connection to both of these great areas.

Clark Hunt is very involved with two of the major sports teams in each area. He is mostly known for his involvement with the Chiefs in Kansas City, but he also owns the soccer team, the Columbus Crew.

Mr. Hunt VERY kindly took a moment to send me a note commenting on his work in both areas.

"My family and I enjoy our ties to those cities, and it's great to watch our teams interact with the communities."

"To answer your questions, I am an avid fan of both football and soccer, and I enjoyed playing both sports when I was growing up. My favorite place to go in Kansas City is the New Arrowhead Stadium for Chiefs home games. There is nothing better than experiencing the pre-game tailgating, tasting the barbecue, seeing the sea of red in the stands and hearing the roar of the chanting fans- fans that have earned the reputation as the loudest in the NFL, I might add."

Mr. Hunt continues about Kansas City.

"In addition to Arrowhead, a great place to stop if you are planning a trip to Kansas City is Country Club Plaza. It's an outdoor mall located near downtown that is filled with many popular shops and restaurants. It's a very nice area to walk through while enjoying the fresh air and sites."

How cool is it that Clark Hunt took the time to send me a note? Obviously, he is very busy.

We are hoping to make it make to the area soon, and we LOVED Country Club Plaza on our trip last year!

No comments: