Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Jay's Burgers in Calhoun














When I think of going somewhere just to get a burger, I think of Calhoun Kentucky. The little town is not far from Owensboro. I always thought of it as being between Owensboro and Greenville, but I never really mapped it out.

Calhoun is small. There is a grocery, a post office, and a few other businesses here and there. I remember, as a kid, my dad going to a business where you could "trade" a cow for some burgers in Calhoun!

Speaking of burgers, going to Jay's Drive In in Calhoun has always been fun. My dad and I had burgers, shakes and some fries for about $11 there recently.

Calhoun is a scenic town. I wouldn't describe it as hopin' but it is pleasant. It is a small enough town that directions to Jay's are no problem. Drive to Calhoun, and drive towards Green River. You are there.

I do enjoy looking out at the river and the bridge. My dad swears he saw a fish the size of a car in this river once. In fact, he first thought it was a car that had gone into the river, until its tail flopped out of the water.




No comments: