Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Random Thoughts On Friday

It is cold here! Which means it is a great time to fantasize about summer trips!

Lately, I have been thinking about Pittsburgh. I spent time there during the 00s. I feel a real love for the town, and their sports teams. I was pulling for the Steelers at the Super Bowl, but I admire the other guys too. I like Aaron Rodgers a lot. He has a good attitude, and he can obviously keep it together during stressful times. I wanted the Steelers to win, but if a team had to beat them, I am glad it was the Packers.

Still, I had to buy my Packers fan friend Rick dinner the other night because of the game. Second year in a row I lost a dinner bet on the game.

I lost interest in the half time show. It made me think about how great recent acts like The Who, and Tom Petty were.

I was watching a playoff game in Pittsburgh earlier, and I saw Billy Gardell at the game. I immediately remembered having a conversation with Billy some years ago about Pittsburgh!

If you don't know who Billy Gardell is, you should. He is a great comedian that pops up in movies and shows all the time. Currently, he is the co-star of "Mike and Molly." By the way, I love that show.

I saw him do stand up several years ago and really enjoyed his set. In fact, I have probably watched over 200 comedians live at various times, and Billy is one of my all time favorites. He would easily make my top five list, and he might be at the very top of that one. Thea Vidale and Billy would be the two top ones.

I was wearing a Pirates shirt the night I saw Billy's act and after the show, I asked him for an autograph. He very kindly gave me one, and then we talked for some time about Pittsburgh, both agreeing that it is a great town that, at times, doesn't get the credit it deserves. It was nice talking to Billy about how great the area is.

Some people get their own shows, then act too good to be from an area. I like the fact that Billy takes pride in being from this great spot. He is an asset to Pittsburgh.

http://www.billygardell.com/

No comments: