Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Adams, Tennessee and the Bell Witch Part 2










I am still excited about my recent road trip to Adams, TN. In my last post on the town, I included some photos from about a year ago.

This year, I again stopped at the old school house, which is now an antique mall.

The place seems to be popular with locals and tourists.

If you like looking for old antiques, this is a very fun place (I found some great old postcards there myself).

Also, it is an old school building. All school buildings have a cafeteria, and in Adams, they still put the old cafeteria to good use. VERY GOOD USE.

If you are driving through this part of the country, even if you could care less about the folklore, stop by the old school and have lunch. I have had some GREAT fish, greens, and brisket here. I took a picture of the plate I was served last time there. I could not finish it all. They have nice, cozy country food that you will love.

Also, the old school has Tim Henson! Tim has been at the School House each time I have been there. The guy knows just about everything concerning local history. He has written a book on the Bell family AND he contributed to a documentary on the Bell Witch.

Tim is a gold mine of information, and an asset to local tourism.

Oh, the School House has a small but back 1 room museum about the town's history. Behind and to the side of the School House, there are several buildings and other items involved in the history of the area.

I should also mention the cemetery and monument down the road from the School House. LOTS of Bell family history to see here!

No comments: