Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Historical Footnotes of Lebanon Ohio by John Zimkus

Before I leave the Lebanon area, I did want to mention a couple of books.

I picked up "Historical Footnotes of Lebanon Ohio by John J. Zimkus at the Golden Lamb.  They have nice signed copies for sale at the front!  AND, the author himself spends a lot of time hanging out at the hotel on weekend evenings!  Unfortunately, I was unable to chat with him during our last visit.

The book is directly about the town of Lebanon- but since the Golden Lamb is a HUGE part of the town's history, the Inn is a major part of this book.  Legends like Charles Dickens and Ronald Reagan make appearances!

Each story is contained in 2 pages, making this a very easy read, especially for those folks with short attention spans.  I like the cartoon style drawings too!

No comments: