Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, January 27, 2014

William Howard Taft National Historic Site- Cincinnati Ohio

I am on a big Presidents kick right now!  Luckily, there are a lot of great sites relating to the former leaders of the US that are very accessible.

This nice home, one lived in by President #27, is nicely preserved and full of relics relating to Taft.  I personally enjoy seeing the old political cartoons, and campaign buttons.

The house is managed by the National Park Services!  I think a lot of people aren't exactly aware of how great it is that some many great landmarks are managed by the NPS.  For the very low price of $NOTHING! you can take a guided tour, see a nice film, and walk around the grounds!

At the Taft House, we were allowed to walk around the home (inside and outside) after our guided tour pretty much on our own!  This allowed for more photo ops.  The house was not crowded, so we were able to go back and get better pictures than we might have gotten on the tour.

To be honest, I didn't know a lot about Taft before my visit.  I learned that he is the only person to serve as President and Chief Justice!

Check out my photos, and check out the house the next time you are in Cincinnati!





No comments: