Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Kreso's Restaurant in Bardstown

http://kresosrestaurant.com/

We stopped by Kreso's the other night while in Bardstown.  Unfortunately, we already had dinner, but it looked like a cool place to go in.

AND, we were cold.  It was a single digit temperature wise night, and we needed a place to warm up at for a few minutes.  The very cool bartender there gave us all a HOT mug of water just to help us warm up.  It worked!

I have mentioned before that I am not a drinker, but our friends with us are.  They were very pleased with the selection here, and they were more than happy with the drinks that they had.  Our great bartender talked at length about bourbons and how different ones taste, how they are made, etc.  Even though I personally don't drink, I do appreciate the whole process.  I have been on many bourbon tours and I admire bourbon making.

BUT, the very cool thing about this place was that it is in the old movie theater.  They have fixed the theater area up with tables, and they have events there at times!  I would LOVE to catch a retro movie there while having a nice dinner!  It is gorgeous.  They do have mostly formal events in this area.

There is also a lot of classy art.  Check out the bugle boy statue in the middle of the place.

I am certain we will be back to this place!  More on it later!





No comments: