Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Colonel Sander's Cafe in Corbin








We were able to stop at the Colonel Sander's Cafe again recently down in Corbin.

I do like this place, and it is very cozy.  I like seeing all of the memorabilia relating to the Colonel on display.  It is all very cool.  Its also cool knowing that Harland started something that would become known world wide almost at this exact spot.

The Colonel Sander's Cafe has always been hopin' when I have visited.  The old style dining area is always full.

It is a little odd in some ways that there is an actual standard Kentucky Fried Chicken at this site.  You probably couldn't have the museum open without the fast food restaurant to support it, but it is still a fast food restaurant.

So, you can check out all of the cool Sanders related artifacts, in their cases, displayed all nicely....  And then you can get some fast food chicken and have a seat at a table that hasn't been cleaned in some time.  I think it is strange (and somewhat charmingly novel) to have a museum and a fast food restaurant combined like this.

I have been to museums with interesting restaurants inside.  I think a lot of museums now have dining areas for people who might be spending the entire day there.  I can't think of a museum mixed evenly with a fast food site though.  There must be a McDonald's restaurant/museum mash up somewhere.











2 comments:

Jacob said...

It is odd, but it actually is a great gimmick. Once you go into the museum you HAVE to eat some chicken.

I actually don't know if there is a real McDonald's museum anywhere. I can't think of any fast food restaurant combos besides this, but I will be on the lookout

jimerado said...

Oh yes, when you go in and smell the chicken, you MUST have some!