Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, September 8, 2014

American Road Magazine

American Road Magazine is another great publication I picked up recently!

I read this one cover to cover!  Even some of the topics that I might otherwise not care much about, I found interesting.  For example, I am not a huge Burt Reynolds fan, but I enjoyed hearing abut his museum, and his work in education as I read the exclusive interview.

I REALLY enjoyed the lengthy article on drive-in movie theaters.  This was the follow up to an earlier article, so I might have to hunt down the back issue!  Anyway, I was glad to see that there are so many theaters still around, many of which were started in the 50s!  American Road did note that the future of some is questionable.  It made me want to get in my car and head to Vermont and Canada to see some of these treasures before they are gone!

There was also a great write up on Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds."  For those of you who enjoy visiting filming locations, this article is a must!



2 comments:

Jacob said...

I have been wanting to visit the Burt Reynolds museum in Jupiter, FL for years........sounds so wonderfully odd

jimerado said...

I'd like to visit too, but I am always overwhelmed in Florida. I