Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Kentucky Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Frankfort

I stopped by the Kentucky Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Frankfort the other day.  Man, it is attractive.  If you haven't been, you should go just because.

I have a name I look for each time because of my personal connections to the War.

This is a stunning site.  I have mentioned it before, but all of the names of the more than 1,000 Kentuckians killed in the Vietnam War are listed.


You can see the state Capitol from here.  It seems like every time I visit, the clouds are perfect, and the area feels silent.  I am glad that this memorial is at this location.

It is a very short drive from any of the other attractions you might want to see in Frankfort, but the setting has an extremely rural feel.





No comments: