Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lady and Sons in Savannah Georgia

Like Leopold's Ice Cream, you can't leave Savannah without stopping by Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady & Sons.

Just about every local I talked to said that this is a great place to eat.  I was kind of impressed with the fact that the locals still strongly endorse her.  There was no pretending to be too cool to go to her place.  Savannah loves Paula Deen.

So we stopped in and had a very nice lunch.  We were trying to eat sensibly on this trip, but that is hard to do at Lady and Sons.  I know our meals look healthy but the toast on my sandwich was buttery.  DELICIOUS, but buttery.

Half a sandwich, salad and soup was about $12, which was more than reasonable in Savannah, and at such a nice restaurant.  The buffet was around $16.

We had a great waiter named Zack who took care of us.  We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and Zack.

I have always admired Paula Deen, and I am glad that she and her restaurant are still such distinguished parts of Savannah.


2 comments:

Jacob said...

I'm glad to here she is still beloved in Savannah. I felt like the media was brutal towards here after the "scandal". Sadly, she closed down her brother's restaurant "Uncle Bubba's" which was one of the best restaurants in Savannah

jimerado said...

Yeah, I thought it was good hearing positive stuff from the locals too! Wow, I didn't even know about the other place!