Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Leopold's Ice Cream in Savannah Georgia

EVERYONE told us that we had to go by Leopold's while in Savannah.  I guess this is kind of one of those places that is very distinctly Savannah.  When you go to Savannah, you should have some ice cream here the same way you must have a beignet in New Orleans.

There is a ton of history at this place.  It has been around for almost a century (it was founded in 1919!) so that alone makes it a business to check out.  Also, they claim to have invented tutti frutti!  Stratton Leopold, son of one of the shop's founders and long time head of Leopold's has had a very successful career in films.  You can see many movie used items in the shop today!

We stopped by for some great ice cream.  The staff was helpful and friendly.





2 comments:

Lyinn said...

My husband was stationed in Savannah and he loved it. He wants us to take a trip there so I can see all the beautiful buildings and all the haunted ones also. After reading your post about it I think I need to go

jimerado said...

Hey Lyinn! Yes, this is a must visit area. AND, its the kind of place worthy of frequent visits. Unlike some other towns on my bucket list where I go and check them off with no plan of returning ever again, I want to get back here ever so often.