Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Centre Market, Wheeling, West Virginia

OK, I know I JUST went on about the history of the great coffee company in Wheeling..... but Centre Market is equally exciting.  It has been in Wheeling since before West Virginia existed!

Centre Market rivals any other trendy but historic shopping type areas.....  It is smaller than some, but we thought that the selection and quality of shops was MUCH better than in some similar areas.  Wheeling is a manageable town, so parking was really no problem.

I did have a standard fish sandwich from Coleman's Fish Market (the place is 101 years old!).  Sure, waiting in line to pay for a fish sandwich, then waiting for your fish has a blandness to it, but...... they have been doing it for over 100 years!  I understand why EVERY travel guide on the area demands that you do this!


We really liked CookiePops, the cookie store in the area too.  I had a GREAT sugar cookie shaped like a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cap.  It was fun looking at the cookies, and the sweet lady running the shop was pure joy.

We stopped in some other shops here and there and liked them all.  One antique shop had some cool, old local business items that I passed on buying, and I am now regretting it.

We noticed some nice local art, jewelry and other items as we explored.  I also saw a free book display, which I thought was very classy.





No comments: