Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Cooters Place in Nashville, Tennessee

I was so excited to make it to Cooter's Place in Nashville on my recent trip!  I have been to Ben Jones' other Dukes of Hazzard shrine in Gatlinburg several times, but this was my first visit to the one in Nashville!

If you were like me and grew up in the 80's, the Dukes of Hazzard was HUGE!  I remember me and my cousin pretending like we were Bo and Luke.  I remember a time when you exited your car through an open window- you had to do it like the Duke Boys!

I still love watching the old episodes, and seeing the old memorabilia.  Luckily, Cooter's Place has a TON of relics and merchandise from the show set up in a nice museum, FREE to check out!

I don't know what impresses me most at Cooter's.  Actual props from the show, toys I had as a kid, or toys that I never knew existed.  I think on this day, I was most impressed with the counterfeit Dukes of Hazzard action figures!

You can't leave Cooters without making some purchases.  I picked up a t-shirt and some guitar pics on this trip.  There is a lot of Dukes merchandise to look through!

Also, Cooter/Ben Jones has been very vocal on his support of the Confederate Flag.  He has an entire room devoted to the flag.









No comments: