Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Torchy's Tacos- San Marcos Texas

For some reason, I have a LOT of friends who have lived in Texas at some point.  My buddy Bill actually lived in Austin for some time, and he said that he would not forgive me if I left the area without trying Torchy's Tacos.

I am so glad that Bill was forceful in his demands that I go to Torchy's.  This place is great.  The only thing I am upset about is the fact that Torchy's is so amazing..... but it is only in Texas!

Torchy's reminded me some of Chipotle or Qdoba, but they had more variety.  I ended up having fried chicken on a taco and it was so good!  We also had some of the best queso dip ever.  They had a soda fountain dispensing the very non-mainstream but sweet and delicious Maine Root beverages!

Speaking of Maine Root, here is ANOTHER great product out of one of my favorite towns anywhere, Portland Maine. 

But back to Torchy's in Texas.  I don't want to go on and on with descriptions that you have heard before, but I really liked the quality, quantity, flavor and freshness of the food.  AND I really loved the value here.  My taco, which was a satisfying, complete meal, was three dollars and change.

Plus, they use a little devil in their logo.

Anyway, I would LOVE to see this franchise explode, because I would eat at Torchy's all the time if one was in my neighborhood.



No comments: