Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Adventures In New York City Part 1

A few months ago a buddy of mine was talking about how he would like to go to New York City again.  He has been there several times, most recently in 2014 with one of his daughters.  He said he likes the city so much he wouldn't mind going every year or two.

I told him I would like to go back too sometime.  We have driven close by a few times over the years, but the last time I was actually there was in 1993.  Sure, I was glad to be there back then, but the place felt so intimidating.  I saw the sights and had fun.  I had a good time, but I was a lot younger then, and just overwhelmed with it all.

I remember the aggressive panhandlers, barkers out side of strip clubs that were openly obscene, and the crazy drivers.

Well, I heard that the place has been cleaned up since I was there last (some have said sanitized and Disneyfied, both in a generally negative way).  Personally, I was glad to hear that the town had made some improvements.

So, my friend and I decided to buy tickets, and venture out to New York City!  We planned the trip kind of quick but I think that ended up being a good thing.  We didn't have time to over think the planning process.  New York is the kind of place where it is good to just get there, and go.

So, over the next few weeks I will try to get some photos up from our trip to New York City!

No comments: