Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Anchor Bar in Buffalo New York

The Anchor Bar in Buffalo New York was established in 1935.  There is not much to say about the places history for its first thirty years, but in 1964, things changed.  Owner Teressa Bellissimo deep fried some wings in hot sauce and butter.  On that day, Buffalo Wings were born.

I don't know about you, but I can take some wings out.  I like them with a little kick, but not too much.  I want my eyes to water, but I don't want to have to take a drink of water after every bite. 


So, we were able to make the pilgrimage to the original Anchor Bar on this trip to Buffalo.

The place is very cool.  Check out the photos.  I love all of the "hit the road" style décor.  The Anchor Bar is legendary, but it is still caught between being a cool local hang out, and a must visit road side attraction.  It felt like a local bar with a very good crowd ordering food..... while others ordered shirts and collectibles at a corner souvenir area.

The Anchor Bar was crowded.  It was so crowded, I decided just to order some wings and go back to the hotel.  Many others were doing the same thing.

There was a bit of a wait for the wings, but it was fun hanging out at the bar.

The wings were great!




No comments: