Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Battle For Texas- San Antonio Texas

A very short walk from the Alamo will get you to the Shops at Rivercenter Mall.  At this mall you will find the museum exhibit "Battle For Texas."

This is a great companion attraction to the Alamo, as the museum has many relics from and relating to the battle. 

We ended up spending a couple of hours here (you could spend more or less) and we all had a good time.  Costumed guides were here telling about the weapons, people, and other aspects of the battle.  They were very hands on, and let us look at and hold a rifle!

I do like displays and recreations....  But when I visit a museum I really want to see authentic relics.  I want to see items that were directly connected to the history I am learning about.  Battle For Texas did not disappoint.  Check out my photos.  I really enjoyed looking at the weapons collection on display.  Several authentic  Santa Anna items are here too.  AND, John Wayne's costume from the movie was on display in the gift shop!











No comments: