Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, June 30, 2017

Music: Eugenia- Stories and Rhymes

I know this is random, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this one......  YEARS ago, when living in Cleveland, I picked up this CD- Northcoast Buzzard Tracks Vol. II.  I think I bought it used at a Record Exchange for less than a buck.

It came out in the mid 90s....  And it has regional musicians and acts on it.  I am sure this was something of a showcase for local bands hoping to get a little farther.

Anyway...  There is one song on this CD that I REALLY love.  It is called "Stories and Rhymes" by Eugenia.  Its a very melodic song that is poppy but still very original and unique.

I could go on and on about how much I like this song.....  But obviously, this one was never a radio hit... and Eugenia is not a household name. 

And even more sadly, this song and CD came out before most of the facebook/myspace type of pages for bands went up.  I can't find anything out about this band/singer at all anywhere.

Anyway, I am hoping there might be others out there that google about this act and song.....  that might be able to give me more info on them.  If you have any info at all, I would love to hear from ya!

No comments: