Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers- Pennsylvania

Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers was another place we visited last time that I was excited to get back to this time around.

I took a lot of photos of their old Marx playset boxes, but I realized I didn't get any photos of their stocked store!

On this visit, I looked through bags and bags of mostly Civil War soldiers, unpainted.  I personally love painting 2 inch tall Civil War soldiers, and I have been painting them for years.  Finding a shop that has the small figures in poses I haven't seen before is rare.... but this place is a rare shop for hobbyists.

I found about 4 bags of soldiers to paint, and went to pay for them.  As I talked to the friendly fellow running the shop, he mentioned that there were many more bags in a back room that was set up for war gaming.  I went in the back and found more packs of soldiers that were older, but new to me.  I greedily scooped them up and bought them, looking forward to painting these new discoveries back home.

I probably have enough toy soldiers now that I won't need to buy another for several years...

If you enjoy toy soldiers at all, make sure you take a moment to swing by Gettysburg Miniature Soldiers.







No comments: