Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Gettysburg Diorama- Gettysburg Pennsylvania

The Gettysburg Diorama was something that we simply did not make it to the first time around.

So, on this visit, I made sure that we saw it.

It seems that they do shows every half hour or so, and when I got there, the next show was in 20 minutes.  I bought my ticket (I think it was around $9-10, and included admission to a haunted house type attraction).  They have a very well stocked gift shop that I looked through during that time, and there are several other small, glassed in diorama displays to look at while you wait.

The main diorama is HO scale, and in the lobby, the dioramas are of various sizes.

An announcement was made after the 20 minutes ended, and I went into the main diorama area. 

Behind the main attraction HO scale Gettysburg, there are even more cases of dioramas and other Civil War related items.

You are given a good amount of time to look at these, and to get a close up look at the main diorama before they announce that the show will start.

The show reminded me a lot of the "show" at the Cyclorama, or at Roadside America also in Pennsylvania.  A narrator talks about the battle, whats going on where, etc.  Lights are used to help with the whole story.  It was very interesting, and it is a great way to sort of get the whole battle and area.

After seeing the show, I went to see the "Spirits of Gettysburg" which is in the same building but down some stairs.  This attraction features the "ghosts" of various characters from Gettysburg telling their stories using video, mirrors, and animatronics.

You go into a room and listen to the spirit explain their situation.  Various things move about the room in a very Disneyish way.  There are red and green lights used to direct you to the next room at the end of each presentation.

This is a weird and interesting exhibit/show, and I am glad that I did it, and that it was included with the diorama. AND, not to give anything away, BUT.... you probably won't make it out alive!  This was a fun thing to do on its own.













No comments: