Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

New Grounds Cafe in Walnut Creek Ohio

New Grounds Café is right by the Wallhouse Hotel in Walnut Creek.  I have actually passed by here on our previous trips and thought it might be an interesting place to stop.

This restaurant is very deceptive.  From the outside, I wasn't sure if it was coffee shop or a general restaurant, or what exactly.

Once inside though, we realized that this is just a cool place.  It is huge too.  They had lots of seating, a pool room, a reading room, a big screen tv, etc.  If I were a young kid in Walnut Creek, this would be my hangout.

It seems they are doing the Christian café thing that has become sort of common these days.  I am not sure exactly what all they are doing, but I did see a book donation box, and a community message board.

This place reminded me of the arcade type cafes I remember from the 80s.  Big, roomy, lots going on, AND good food!


We ordered a small pizza and calzone and they were both great and filling.  In fact, either one would have been a meal for two.  We took enough back with us to make another meal out of it.




No comments: