Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, March 16, 2018

Random Thoughts on Friday

I was reading an article the other day about Akron Ohio, a town I have spent a lot of time in.  I worked there for nearly 2 years.  Some of the people I love the most on this planet live there!  It is a town that can be rough (indeed, it does have a bit of a reputation) but it does have a lot of history and character.

Anyway, the article called Akron "the bonus round of Cleveland".  This may have been one of the nicer things I have heard about Akron.  This was the nicest description of Akron I have ever heard when being compared to Cleveland.

BUT, I like that phrase.....  describing a small town near a large town as a "bonus round."

I like the whole thought one town being a bonus for another one.  I know I have planned trips thinking, "If I can see all of the things here I want to see, I might be able to fit this in."

What other cities have a "bonus round" relationship to another city?  Nashville/Franklin, Atlanta/Marietta, Cincinnati/Florence, are a few that I think might meet that description.

I can think of others, but I can't think of a more appropriate "bonus town" relationship than Akron and Cleveland.

No comments: