Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Columbia Fireflies- Columbia Georgia

Our first stop when we entered Columbia Georgia was at their new single A ballpark, Spirit Communications Park, home of the Columbia Fireflies!

We wouldn't be around for their game on this evening, and that was eating me up.  I really love catching a game at a nice minor league park.

Even if I am not able to catch a game in a nice town like Columbia, I still want to visit the park!

So we stopped by.  We parked, and made our way up to the venue.  We actually passed a couple of friendly staff who directed us to the team shop.

We did not catch her name, but an extremely friendly lady was running the store.  She talked about how much she enjoyed working at the park, and being a part of the team.

I picked up my usually items, some stickers, a pin, a shirt. etc.  I have picked up some of the Lego like Oyo figures at some parks, but they did not have them here.  Anyone else collecting the team mascots?


The staff was very nice about having the park open, and they told us to feel free to check out the field and take some photos!

This is just a great park in a very friendly city...  and I can't wait for my next visit to Columbia- I'll have to catch a game next time!





No comments: