Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Gallipolis Ohio

So, the other day, I was listening to a great podcast I have recently started listening to, "Astonishing Legends".  This is a great podcast that really covers a lot of ground.  AND, the hosts are really in tune to what they are talking about.  They often talk about some far out stuff, but they do their research....  and they obviously give a lot of thought to the subject matter on their shows.

The specific show I was listening to was from a several hour multi-part series they did on the Mothman.  I love the Mothman and have read up on it a lot.  I have been to Point Pleasant West Virginia several times.  Well, on this show they brought up Gallipolis Ohio, kinda the sister city to Point Pleasant.  They talked about John Keel (author of the Mothman Prophecies) and how he stayed in a hotel in that town when he visited the area.  One of the hosts looked up the old hotel, and found that it is now the Regency Inn in Gallipolis.

You know, that is the sort of thing I am doing all the time.  If I hear that something happened somewhere of interest, I am always checking to see what is there now, or if there has been a name change!

Anyway, a buddy was curious about the Mothman, so we planned a day trip out to Point Pleasant, with a brief swing through Gallipolis.  This was my first time here, and I really thought it was a neat little place.

We went to the post office, which was a friendly place.  We drove around a little.  We noticed a couple of replica Columbus ships were in town.  Man, I really regret that I didn't check this out more thoroughly, because I read that you could take a nice little ride for just a few bucks.  We had kinda planned this trip out carefully, and we didn't have time to deviate.

We also drove by the Regency Inn, just to see it, before we drove on over to Point Pleasant.









No comments: