Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Friday, January 11, 2019

The Brown Hotel- Louisville, KY

Actually eating a Hot Brown at the Brown Hotel has been big on my list ever since we visited it briefly last year.

This is a spectacular hotel with a lot of history.  The restaurant here, J. Graham's CafĂ©, which is attractive and all.  I will say that the tables for two were a bit close together (you might bump elbows with the people at the next table).

On the day we stopped by we had below average service.  I think our waitress was trying, but we noticed the people beside us also ordered a hot brown.... after us.  Their's was brought out sooner (they had finished it before we got ours).  Our waitress was apologetic, telling us that a large order went in right before ours, and she offered free dessert.  OK, we will forgive slow service from free dessert.

Between the two of us, we ordered the famous hot brown and a not so famous burger.  The hot brown was ok.  It is unique.  I know they brag about being the place where it was invented and all..... but it wasn't the best hot brown I have ever had.

In their defense, our food was very hot when we got it.  I understand there are busy days and all...  and some wait staff put their orders in at different time....

We did get free dessert too, which was nice.

This is kind of a do it and check it off of your check list experience though.  I had the hot brown at the Brown.......  I am glad I did that but I will probably pick another restaurant next time I am in the area.








No comments: