Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

The Seelbach Hilton- Louisville, KY

We were able to swing through and spend a little bit of time at the Seelbach Hotel in Louisville again recently!  Like my previous visit, we didn't stay here or anything, we just dropped by.

The hotel is beautiful, and simply perfect.  I think this is my favorite hotel in Louisville.  THIS is what a nice historic hotel should be.

On this visit, we took a couple of books along with us....  I thought it would be fun to read some of "The Great Gatsby" in here....  since F. Scott Fitzgerald spent some time here...  and modeled a scene from the book on the hotel!  Also, right at 100 years ago, an intoxicated F. Scott was tossed from the hotel!

I remember reading the book in school and not caring much for it.  Its just not my kind of book.  Still, I thought this would be a nice day......  and venue, for reading the book again.

There is a nice Starbucks here (I know, when I am in Louisville I almost always get Heine Bros.).  So we had some coffee and just enjoyed reading here.




No comments: