Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, June 8, 2020

Prairie Archives Bookstore in Springfield, Illinois


I ended up stopping by Prairie Archives in Springfield twice on this visit to town, and I spent a whole lot more time shopping than I should have.  If you love books, especially great old books, this place is a dream.

I went in one night and let them know I was looking for interesting local books.  Well, they have a huge room of JUST Illinois books.  As you can imagine, in another area, there is a full shelf of Lincoln related titles.

Over my two trips I ended up finding a great, signed book on Lincoln in Springfield from 1935, a book on caves in New York from the 40s, and another book I needed about the Crenshaw House in Southern Illinois.  AND, I rummaged through a political buttons box and found more treasures.  They let me go through their FILES of Lincolniania too- and I found some GREAT vintage promotional brochures from the area for a couple of bucks each!

Oh, and the beautiful dog pictured to the left is Lola!  She followed me around almost the entire time I was in there!  She smelled my pockets, which usually include treats for my pet Chihuahua back home.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any the first night I went in.  I brought my wife the second night I visited, and she DID have a couple of treats to give an appreciative Lola.




No comments: