Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Bourbon Drive In in Paris Kentucky- Part 2


I mentioned The Bourbon Drive In in Paris Kentucky a few days ago.  Check out my post, and the Youtube video I posted on it.  It is such a great place to go!

We saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Nightmare on Elm Street on our first visit.  We had a great time.  So, when we saw a showing of the original Friday the 13thwas scheduled, we knew we had to go for that too!

So we hit the road and got there about an hour before showtime again.  

It's $8 a person, which, for 2 movies at a drive in is very reasonable in my books.  I wanted to mention that this time, we bought a large drink, a chili cheese dog and some ice cream which came to a little over $7....  again, these guys aren't gouging their patrons.  Everything tasted good too!

I have been a huge Friday the 13th fan for forever.  I told the story, in my youtube video, of my friend/neighbor Aaron calling me, when we were kids, and inviting me to a birthday party where they would be showing movies on a VCR.

This was back in the day when RENTING a VCR and movies was a big deal.  It was very exciting, and as a kid, you had to go to any party involving a VCR.  Well, my mom asked what videos Aaron's family was renting.  I asked, and he told me, "Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Friday the 13th."  I told my mom "Star Wars and Indiana Jones."  I KNEW that if I told her they were getting Friday the 13th, she would never let me go.

 

Well, I went to Aaron's and the craziness of seeing Friday the 13th for the first time REALLY sticks in my head.  There weren't a dozen sequels out at the time.  I remember watching with my young elementary school friends wondering who the killer was....  and I remember us all screaming in terror when at the end...  well, you know, the boat and all.

So, Catching this great classic at the Bourbon Drive In was a real treat!

They played it first, then there was an intermission, and they started "Cabin in the Woods" next.  This was my first time seeing this one!  Why didn't anyone tell me how great it was?

So we had ANOTHER great night at the Drive In in Paris!  The sweet ladies running the place thanked people for coming by, and they were just nice, sincere and appreciative.  We really like this place AND the spirit of what they are doing, a lot!







 

No comments: