Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Sunday, November 1, 2020

The LAST ISSUE of the Kentucky Explorer!!!

I wanted to mention that the last issue of the Kentucky Explorer just went out.  I have subscribed for years, and I hope I am not being too dramatic when I say that getting the last issue made me very sad.

Not too long ago, they published an email I sent them about my visit, with my dad, to the Kentucky Bend.  My dad, who also loved the Kentucky Explorer, was very happy to see the pictures I took of him at the Bend published in the great magazine!  I was glad my dad got to see that before he passed away.

This has been such a great, scrappy magazine.  It is newsprint, but they have always packed a TON into each issue.  At $2.50 an issue cover price, it has always been a bargain.

I hope something else comes along to replace it.  I have no doubt that the publisher never got rich from it- they were making it out of love for Kentucky history and Kentuckians.

They mentioned in this last issue that Kentucky Monthly will be honoring remaining subscriptions for Kentucky Explorer subscribers.

 

No comments: