Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, November 2, 2020

Mt Rushmore SD 09 10 2020


AND, for the second year in a row, and for the third time in less than a decade, we visited South Dakota AND Mt. Rushmore!

Check out the video above that I posted on youtube for more info on our visit to the legendary landmark.

This is a favorite spot of ours, and I am so glad that we made it back again!  We actually ended up joining the Mt Rushmore Society on this visit.  For $35 you get a discount at their gift shops (and, at certain other gift shop/book stores associated with the National Parks).  I like what they are doing and I am proud to now be a member.

Using that discount, I picked up the last 2 Borglum bookends I needed to complete my set.  I have talked about the book ends at length on my blog and in the videos...  and they are very special to me.  My mom actually asked to pay for them as an early Christmas present!  We also bought a very cool mini blocks Rushmore kit that you can put together yourself.  I thought this would be fun for my family.  My wife ended up putting the whole thing together and she is wanting some of the other kits now.

Anyway, check out my most recent video on Mt Rushmore.






No comments: