Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Great Smoky Mountains


The weather is getting better, so we thought a quick trip to the Smoky Mountains sounded appropriate right now!

This is becoming one of my favorite spots for a weekend get away trip.  I love the area and the fact that it is relatively close to me.

And, there is a lot going on in the area.  Close by you have Gatlinburg, Knoxville, and Tennessee Smokies baseball! 

We took a short drive through the park.  One ranger told us that there had been a bear sighting the evening before.

I love talking to the rangers in the area, and stopping by the various national park visitor centers.  These guys know their stuff, and they are great at making suggestions about things to do and see.

The national park visitor centers are just great too.  I always try to make some purchases there, because I am a huge fan of what they do.  AND, you know I have a passport to our national parks book that I must get stamped!  They do have a great selection of postcards, shirts and books too.

The drive around the park has a lot of turns and twists.  That, along with the fact that I bumped my head hard on the door before we drove down made me a little dizzy during this trip.

As we drove around the park, I got to thinking, which park do I like better, The Great Smoky Mountains" OR Land Between the Lakes?

I have spent a LOT of time at LBL and I am a bit biased on that one.  I might have to revisit this debate later!














2 comments:

Stacey Jessee Glenn said...

The last picture with the fun sign, where is that sign located at? We go to Gatlinburg alot and I've never seen it! GB is one of my favorite fall vacation destinations!!

jimerado said...

Hey Stacey! I took that picture while in the parking lot of the Russell Stover outlet store in Kodak. It is on the other side of the Parkway from that shop, you have to look up a bit to see it.