Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Lexington Comic Con

I did make it to the Lexington Comic Con again this year.

I had a great time, but I think this will be my last year for this one.  It is CROWDED!  AND the lines were terrible this year.  Maybe next year they can resolve some of those issues (is the floor of Rupp available?)

Anyway, this is still a great show but the older I get, the tougher it is for me to deal with excessively crowded areas.  Don't get me wrong, the fans were all great, and EVERYONE was dealing with it, but you had to move at a snails pace.

When we lived up north, we went to the Motor City Comic Con and the Pittsburgh Con many times.  The Motor City con near Detroit had similar crowds but not nearly the same crowd issues.  They had plenty of staff and lines moved at a good pace.

I am glad to see such a big event drawing so many fans though.

http://lexingtoncomiccon.com/

AND I did find some GREAT local artists set up at the show.  That was very cool.  I was especially thrilled about meeting Stephen R. Moore, who does some amazing illustrations of dinosaurs and other animals.  Check out his stuff here-

http://studiospectre.com/






No comments: