Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Toyminator in Owensboro KY

I am sure I have mentioned my old pal Rick Phelps around here before.  He buys and sells old toys mostly from his space inside of The Consumer's Mall in Owensboro. 

Rick (he calls himself the "Toyminator") finds and deals a lot of cool stuff, mostly vintage to modern toys.  He has helped me find a few hard to find pieces for my cowboys and Indians collection.

Also, he is a recently retired high school art teacher!  He loves making big, over the top statues himself, and he has MANY displayed at his booths at The Consumer's Mall. 

If you are in Owensboro, you should stop by to check out his cool art pieces, and to get a good deal on a favorite toy you remember from childhood.

Here are some more photos of Rick's work:
Check out his HUGE Incredible Hulk Statue, and here are some pics I took of various statues around Owensboro back in 2010.  His Superman Statue, and Darth Vader cut out can be seen in the photos, but they are no longer on display in Owensboro.








No comments: