Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Monday, December 24, 2018

Coffee Shops around the area


It has been a crazy year around here!  It's been a lot of fun, most of the time, and we have hit the road as much as possible!  Also, 2019 will mark 10 YEARS that I have been doing this!

I thought I would take a moment to mention some of my favorites around.

I talk about coffee a lot, and I have several favorite coffee shops.  IN Kentucky.......  I have several shops I LOVE.

In Lexington, we have a lot to choose from.  I like them all, but I have spent a lot of time at the Starbucks on Richmond Rd.  I know, it is a chain place, AND a Starbucks....  but this one is special.  Seriously.  I talk to a lot of people around the area, and I'm not alone in my endorsement of this particular shop.  They have a VERY helpful and friendly staff and if you go in there a couple of times, they will get to know you.

Owensboro has a couple of great indy shops now.  I really love the Creme still.  I have been raving about those guys forever.  It is so cozy and its located in the truly revived downtown.  They have really done something special.  Owensboro also has the fairly new shop, the Spot.  Its not slick as the Creme, but it has just as much pop.  They ell local art and have a lot of local music going on.

When I am in Louisville, I ALWAYS have to grab some Heine Bros.  They have a shop EVERYWHERE in town, and they usually have plenty of seating.  AND, they have great coffee.  It's a chain, but its a local chain!

In downtown Richmond there is Purdy's Coffee!  Purdy's is really hitting it out of the park.  Probably once a month I make a special trip to Richmond just to hang out there.  The coffee (and food) is good and they are very community oriented.

No comments: