Etowah Mounds

Etowah Mounds
Etowah Mounds in the Georgia State Parks systems.

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Nick Clifford- the VERY last Mt. Rushmore Carver

 We very recently got back from another trip to South Dakota!  I am still working my way through pictures....  and I have some other posts to get up first......  But I plan to post about our South Dakota trip soon.....

I DID just get news that Nick Clifford, the VERY last living man who worked on carving Mt. Rushmore passed away on November 25th of this year, 2019.

We had the privilege of talking to him at the gift shop at Mt. Rushmore, on both of our trips there in 2012 and this year.  He sold a book about his experience there, and he would sign copies!  he also included a cool signed baseball card!

Anyway, we did see him not that long ago.  I bought another copy of his book as a gift for a friend and talked to him again.  He was lacking 2 years to have made it to being a century old...  so he lived a good, and very long life.

When we saw him this year, he was moving a bit more slowly than the last time we saw him, but he looked great for his 98 years!  He still seemed happy to say hi and chat with visitors.

Still, this is a huge loss on so many levels.  I am glad that my life crossed with Nick's.


No comments: